Dental cavities can be prevented with a combination of good oral hygiene and regular visits to the dentist. When too much oral bacteria takes up residence in your mouth, the acids they secrete can eat through the enamel, leading to holes known as cavities or dental caries.
The sooner you have a cavity filled, the better, since untreated cavities can grow larger and eventually cause serious toothaches and infection. What’s even better than treating cavities is preventing them, which requires a combination of good at-home dental care, regular professional cleanings, and sometimes supplemental treatments like sealants and fluoride treatments.
Signs of dental cavities
- Toothache, spontaneous pain or pain that occurs without any apparent cause
- Tooth sensitivity
- Mild to sharp pain when eating or drinking something sweet, hot or cold
- Visible holes or pits in your teeth
- Brown, black or white staining on any surface of a tooth
- Pain when you bite down
Top cavity prevention techniques
- Good dental hygiene – brushing for two minutes twice a day along with flossing
- Professional cleanings – removal of tartar from your teeth using special scraping instruments
- Flouride treatment – a natural mineral that helps build strong, decay-resistant tooth enamel
- Dental sealants – plastic seals that are placed in the deep grooves of the back molars, providing a physical barrier between the tooth enamel and the contents of the mouth.
The best cavity protection treatment in bangalore can perform a thorough dental check up and evaluation of your teeth, giving you options and helping you decide which treatment is best for your condition. Delivering excellent and genuine care is our number one priority to help you achieve a beautiful, healthy smile